(copy and paste questionnaire into email)
City, State & Zip:
Are you aware of the costs involved in veterinary care, including spaying and neutering, purchasing a good quality dog food, boarding the dog when you are a way, annual license fees, etc?
1. Who will be the primary caregiver?
2. Do you have children? If so, how old are your children?
3. If they are young, do you and they understand a Havanese pup is quite fragile until about 6 months of age despite its boisterous and playful actions.
4. Have you had a dog before? How long? Have you ever given up a dog to a shelter or pound? If so, why?
5. Where will the puppy be kept during the day? During the night?
6. How many hours on average will the puppy be left alone.
7. Do you own or rent your home? If a condo, do the condo documents allow a dog? If you rent, do you have the permission of your landlord to own a dog?
8. Do you have a fenced yard secure enough to hold a small dog? If not, how will you provide security for your puppy when it is outside or when you are not at home
9. Have you ever house trained a dog before?
10. Have you ever returned a dog, and why?
11. Have you ever given a dog away or taken a dog to a shelter, and why?
12. Do you have the means to care for our puppy including giving it yearly vet
care and anything it needs to live a pampered and spoiled life?
13. Do you understand that if you no longer can keep our puppy that it must be
returned to us and NEVER go to rescue, a shelter, be used in animal testing, go
to a puppy mill or to an unscrupulous breeder? If you need to place the pup we
will assist you.
14. Do you understand the difference between a limited registration and a full registration?
15. Are you willing to sign a spay/neuter contract if purchasing a pet?
DreamWorks Havanese puppies are sold to select pre-approved homes only. If you are interested in adopting a puppy, please compete the buyer’s questionnaire so we can get to know you better. Adopting a puppy is a serious decision. Please NOTE: We do not sell to puppy mills, commercial breeders or their agents. We retain the right of refusal if it is in the best interest of the puppy.